- Directors must have had no more than three years professional experience.
- Entries must be one of the director’s first four pieces of work ever made in the category.
- Films must have been produced between January 1st 2015 and May 22th 2016.
- The permission of all copyright owners must be obtained for entry into competition.
- NO CREDITS should be mentioned on the film.
- If the submitted film is in a foreign language it’s in your own interest to include English subtitles.
- Campaigns consisting of several films can be entered but only as individual films. If a campaign for example consists of 5 films, only 4 of these can be entered. Each film will be judged individually.
- Films directed by a team of directors can be entered. Each director must, however, fulfil the above criteria.
- Entries must include all necessary credits.
- The award organisers are entitled to exclude films not fulfilling the above criteria.
- The award organisers are entitled to move an entry to a more appropriate category if necessary.
- To enter the competition the film must be submitted with completed entry form, payment and uploaded to the Young Director Award website before the deadline on May 22th 2016.
- Entrants must pay an administration fee of 118 Euros (Tax included) per entry and 58 Euros (Tax included) for students and Film School category.
All categories. Judging emphasis will be on the art & technic. 180 sec max
Film must have been for public television or cinema. 90 sec max
NEW: CHANGING THE WORLD FRAME BY FRAME:
Their scope, length and format is more indicative of a documentary approach.
Public service, non-governmental organisation, fundraising, public health, public awareness promotions. 90 sec max
Film must have been produced as a school project.
Entries must be produced for public television and/or internet.
This category is now open to branded and non-branded short films
The film must have been produced as a “test commercial” – i.e. without a real client and with the main purpose of building up the director’s reel. 90 sec max
Non-commercial, personal work not commissioned by a client, purely artistic. 240 sec max
Films must have been produced exclusively for use on the web and commercially branded. The film can be interactive or part of a series.
JURY PRESIDENTFilm Director & Founder of Bacon
JURY FOR SHOTSFeatures Editor
JURY FOR FRANCEFounder-Executive Producer - Moonwalk Films
JURY FOR GERMANYWerbe Film Produzenten / German Producer Alliance
CREATIVE DIRECTOR / JURY FOR ASIA&PACIFICGlobal Executive Creative Director, Vice President, Cheil Worldwide
CREATIVE DIRECTOR / JURY FOR EUROPECreative Director at CLM BBDO
CREATIVE DIRECTOR / JURY FOR AFRICAExecutive Creative Director at King James
CREATIVE DIRECTOR / JURY FOR LATIN AMERICACreative Vice President at Publicis México
JURY FOR USAFounder and Executive Producer of m ss ng p eces
JURY FOR SWITZERLANDExecutive Producer - Solid & Hallerfilm
JURY FOR UNITED-KINGDONCo-founder and Managing Director of MindsEye
JURY FOR AUSTRIAExecutive Producer / Wiener Klappe Filmproduktion
JURY FOR CZECH REPUBLICProducer and owner - Ad Wood Production
JURY FOR GREECEExecutive producer - TopCut-Modiano
JURY FOR IRELANDExecutive Producer
Pull The Trigger Ltd
JURY FOR SPAINExecutive Producer - The Brownie Film Company
JURY FOR TURKEYExecutive producer - DEPOfilm
JURY FOR SERBIAProducer and co-owner / Cyber-Ent
JURY FOR SWEDENExecutive Producer / CAMP DAVID FILM
JURY FOR DENMARKExecutive Producer / Moland Film Co. Ltd.
JURY FOR LITHUANIA
One of life’s truths is that behind every great director is a producer and we at the CFP-E Young Director Award would like to honor the role of producers in nurturing and developing the careers of young directors with a new award.
We’re calling for nominations from all the associations within the CFP-E and production companies worldwide to put forward a producer who has been outstanding in promoting new talent over the last two years.
We are looking for clear evidence of work that has evolved perhaps from humble beginnings which initially caught the eye of a producer to a well-executed and fresh film production. It’s about the development of film craft rather than creative spectacular ideas.
Please send your nomination to email@example.com mentioning “Producer Prize” in the subject along with a description of the producer, the work he or she achieved in promoting the new director(s), the name and cv of the director(s) and links to their work.
Deadline: June 15th