- Directors must have had no more than three years professional experience.
- Entries must be one of the director’s first four pieces of work ever made in the category.
- Films must have been produced between January 1st 2016 and May 15th 2017.
- The permission of all copyright owners must be obtained for entry into competition.
- NO CREDITS should be mentioned on the film.
- If the submitted film is in a foreign language it’s in your own interest to include English subtitles.
- Campaigns consisting of several films can be entered but only as individual films. If a campaign for example consists of 5 films, only 4 of these can be entered. Each film will be judged individually.
- Films directed by a team of directors can be entered. Each director must, however, fulfil the above criteria.
- Entries must include all necessary credits.
- The award organisers are entitled to exclude films not fulfilling the above criteria.
- The award organisers are entitled to move an entry to a more appropriate category if necessary.
- To enter the competition the film must be submitted with completed entry form, payment and uploaded to the Young Director Award website before the deadline on May 15th 2017.
- Entrants must pay an administration fee of 128 Euros (Tax included) per entry and 68 Euros (Tax included) for students and Film School category.
Read terms & conditions